What makes the sweet fragrance of a batch of freshly baked cookies even better!? We must admit that we’ve given this question ways more thought than the average non-chocoholic, and there can only be one answer… freshly roasted cocoa nibs! Taking this recipe into rather serious chocolate terrain.
Cookie Dough (yields approx. 25 cookies)
190g brown sugar
185g plain flour
14g baking powder
50g Cuvée 72% Classic Hot Chocolate Mix
140g Cuvée Amphora 65% Dark Chocolate
140g Cuvée Soleo 38% Milk Chocolate
50g cocoa nibs
- start by creaming the softened butter and brown sugar using a paddle attachment in a kitchen mixer until the mixture becomes quite pale in colour
- crack your eggs and add them to the butter/sugar
- keep mixing until thoroughly combined
- sift the flour and baking powder and combine it with the hot chocolate powder
- add this to your bowl and mix until it is just combined.
- break both amounts of chocolate into small pieces, roughly the size of five cent pieces and add them together with the cocoa nibs and mix again until just combined.
- portion the cookie dough onto a tray lined with baking paper using an ice cream scoop or table spoon
- bake at 180°C for approx. 25-30 minutes
- place onto a cake rack until completely cooled