We’re putting a chocolatey twist on this Melbourne laneway café classic and our Bianco white chocolate seems to love the hint of ground ginger! This truly is every Brûlée lovers dream come true.
Yields approximately 8 Brûlée
150g egg yolk
70g Cuvée Bianco 30% White Chocolate
5g ground ginger
80g caster sugar
- start by breaking your Bianco white chocolate bar into small pieces, roughly the size of five cent pieces or smaller and place them into a bowl
- add the cream, egg yolk and ginger into a small bowl and combine with a whisk
- over a hot water bath and whilst constantly stirring, heat this mix to 82˚C, but be careful not to overheat - this will curdle your egg yolks and ruin it
- pour the hot mixture through a fine strainer or sieve over the chocolate bits and leave it to melt for 1-2 minutes before thoroughly combining with a whisk
- fill the brûlée mix into shallow, wide dishes and place them into an oven tray filled about 10mm high with water
- cook in the oven at 110˚C, uncovered for approx. 30minutes (you know whether the Brûlée is cooked or not if you shake the dish lightly and there is little to no movement on the surface)
- just before serving, sprinkle the Brûlée with caster sugar and caramelize using a blowtorch
For a extra crunchy top, burn the top ones, sprinkle with sugar again and burn a second time!